Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baking for the masses.....

6 batches of cookies, 5 batches of brownies, and 4 loaves of lemony goodness.....this is what has transpired after the administrative team at my school asked my to bake my whatnot off for this month's staff meeting.  I have to admit that this is not the first time that I have baked for the fabulous staff at school, but it was the first time I was asked to! 

The loaf that is lemony is the same recipe that is already posted on the blog so scroll down to get it for yourself.....I did make all 4 batches at the same time, in separate bowls of course and found that leaving the batter in the fridge while you are waiting for the loaf pan doesn't really change the end result....so this is good for when multiple loaves of lemony goodness are needed at once!  Just make sure you get all the seeds out!

 "Brownies" are also the same recipe that is already on the blog.....I went for the circular pan this time and of course ended up using more of the see's candy bars....I also used some milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips in order to get a mixture of chocolate flavors.....or it was all that I had!  In case you are interested you can still get your own see's milk chocolate candy bar for only $2.00......by supporting either the AcDec'ers......I suggest eating these chewy, chocolaty, fudge things with some hot coffee.....


Last but not least I went for some cookies.....the infamous chewy oatmeal ones......although a similar recipe for these is already on my other blog I changed things up a little bit and further experimented with this recipe.....so here she goes.....




This time I added a bit more molasses and substituted white sugar for brown sugar.....I really think it worked out well as adding more molasses increases the chewy factor but does not change the flavor too much.....for the cafe mocha AKA coffee and swirl chocolate chip cookies I added a pinch of cardamom!  I ended up rolling the dough in balls after I let it sit in the fridge overnight.  Not sure why but letting cookie dough rest is always best!

Hope you have enjoyed these sweet treats!

p.s. stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Now that I have a g-mail account I can actually log on and post on your blog.... You are one busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna you are such a dork, and this site is lovely!
    Plus, your married name could not be more fitting for this site. :-D cheers!

    ReplyDelete