Sunday, January 9, 2011

Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls

So here they are....the first success I have had with baking yeast bread.  I was so nervous when it was baking and both of the times it had to rise.  I admit I rather enjoyed the opportunity to punch the dough after it has risen to twice its size!  Adding the whole wheat flour was a variation included in the recipe, thank goodness because as we all know baking is a science....I found that it allowed for a nuttier flavor.  The dinner rolls are rather dense, yet full of air and nothing beats butter as the perfect thing to put on these steaming rolls after pulling them apart....

 I am thinking that they will end up being great for left overs, imagine the possibilities to use to make a sandwich, or to dip in the stew that the other is making.....at any rate I am looking forward to further experimentation and discussion with myself about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment