Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Apple Pie Muffins....


Being the mad scientist that I am in the kitchen I am always up for something new and interesting.....after making the best banana muffins ever I decided that it was time to experiment with the recipe....at the end of the school year I made apple pies for my AcDec'ers.....the filling was good, but I went overboard with the pastry.....I ended up having extra filling and didn't know what to do with it so I just threw it in a ziploc bag and in the freezer it went....until today!
  I ended up allowing it to thaw and drained off the excess moisture....then I mashed the apple slices up with a potato masher....this was not the easiest thing to do as the masher kept getting filled with too much apple so I had to cut it out....then repeat, and repeat....until I got the consistency I wanted!

  I basically used the same recipe as the banana muffins...except that I used 1/2 the amount of butter and only 1 cup of sugar as appose to 1 1/4 cup.....I just plain ran out.....and figured that with apple pie filling for flavoring that there was at least 1/4 cup of sugar mixed in there....


Apple Pie Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1  cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
apples for apple pie filling



   Apples for apple pie filling - you can really use any type of apple....I prefer granny smith.....perfect taste, perfect texture....unless of course I am participating in an apple pie baking contest......it's Gravenstein all the way!  All I do is wash, peel, and slice the apples....then add in some lemon juice (do they don't turn brown) and some cinnamon and sugar....

  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!
  
   These particular muffins shall be shared with at the Casa Grande Anglers Inc board meeting tonight....I am going to see what there budget is for next year and whether or not they are still interested in funding opportunities for Casa Grande Wildlife students....I wouldn't be Donna Reed if I didn't bring something from the oven!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment