Monday, July 11, 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Tarte





  I am not sure if I was more excited about using this new nine inch square baking pan, or a little uneasy about the lemon curd filling, or enthralled with the idea that I was about to use my rolling pin!  What is most important is the fact that I felt inspired.....it has been some time since I have posted and to tell you the truth cooked anything of any real substance......for purposes here "substance" shall be defined as something that is blog worthy.....if it's good enough to want to talk about it more....this is what should be happening everyday in my kitchen, everyday in every kitchen....to some extent at least.....I have to admit that I am not all about being a slave to your stove....that should really only happen when you are planning on a significant contribution to a bake sale....but we should want to want to enjoy preparing the fuel that propels us through life.....

  Not so easy I know, as life, gosh darnit, seems to always get in the way and can easily make us feel as though we are left with no time to do what we want to do, let alone plan out and execute an entree, 2 sides, and one heck of a decadent dessert.....everyday.

    Moderation is the key.


OK, now to the dessert....reading my rants and raves are worth it if the end result is tasting this masterpiece.

POPPY SEED PASTRY:




   This of course is not a recipe that I am responsible for....this comes from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.....if you are anybody who knows anybody who likes to cook then you have seen this before....if you are kitchen savvy chances are it is on a bookshelf somewhere....

  For the pictured piece I doubled the recipe....actually made 2 batches of it....then combined...this is always dangerous with crust.....next time I will most likely use my my great grandmothers crust recipe....it calls for lard not butter.....it is much better! 


LEMON CURD:


  Clearly this is from the same Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.....it was so freaking good.....I have to admit that next time I will use this and make individual tarts.....I doubled this recipe as well (all at once)......for the nine inch pan.....I ended up using 5 lemons, thanks to my wonderful neighbors.....they have the best lemons and I am hoping that sharing this dessert with them will encourage them to hand more of their fruit harvest this way!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment